The Awards Process
- GEF will open nominations by advertising the awards across media, stating the categories and criteria.
- Nominated entries will be vetted by an awards committee and the top 5 “semi-finalists” in each category will be selected by a panel.
- The nominated five in each category will be written to
- On acceptance of the nomination, each of the 5 will be interviewed in a short documentary interview.
- The 5 semi-finalists in each category will be announced publically on the website and other media: radio, TV, social media.
- The interviews will be shared across all platforms and public invited to vote for their winner via SMS and online poll.
- There will be a limit to how many votes allowed per person in a day
- Finalists and winners will be announced at the awards event on Day 2 of the Ghana Economic Forum